PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on "bringing back the color".

TheCoatingStore.com

topcok88
02-04-2012, 06:13 PM
Delete Post

Len
02-04-2012, 08:50 PM
#1. I want to completely remove all the wax/protectant. I hear alot about Dawn Dish soap? Is this safe?
#2. I want to know if I could "wet sand/polish" or should I just "polish" the paint back to pristine condition?
#3. Purchase this DVD from Len? Detailing for Enthusiasts?
#4. Use this product from Len? Sure Finish Polish (Gallon) vs. 3M Perfect-It II Polishing Compound (gallon)?
#5. These tools and pads from Len? Makita 9227C Sander/Buffer w/Promo Kit and Sure Finish Polishing Pads?

The answer I really am looking for is: Use this, this, this, and this. I am more than happy to spend the money if it will get the job done. Am I over my head already?

#1. Yes, use Dawn or other detergent to remove the wax.
#2. You can try just polishing and it may work but it will depend on how dull the surface is. Sanding with 3000 grit Trizact on an orbital sander will remove the dullness then the polishing will result in a new car shine.
#3. The Detailing DVD has a lot of info on it and I'm sure you would get some helpful tips for working on your car.
#4. The Sure Finish would be a good choice for that job.
#5. The Makita is the best buffer we sell and it will not only do that job but it will serve you well for many years. We use all Sure Finish pads in our shop and really love the orange foam pad.

Good tools and technique will do that job well. Did you get our second emailing on sanding and polishing? It gives a rundown on proper tools and techniques. If you want it sent you can email me your email address and I'll send it to you.... len@autobodystore.com