PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Retail Products for Buffing

TheCoatingStore.com

silentdub
10-20-2011, 10:27 PM
I have to buff 2 small spots, I just painted the car with bc/cc what is the best to use for buffing that I can get at a local store?

Can we start a list of products in this thread along with comments on them?

TOGWT
10-21-2011, 05:26 AM
Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Cutting Discs - this system was designed primarily for light to moderate defect removal.

The market sector aimed at is the detailing shops specializing in volume-based paint rejuvenation. Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Cutting Discs are made for maximum efficiency. Their engineered foam interface offers controlled conformability. As you move the polisher over the paint, the microfibers adapt to the curves and contours of the paint, distributing the abrasives evenly for efficient cutting.

This system is designed for a dual action polisher; for the removal of wet sanding scratches, this system will work to remove swirls, many scratches, acid rain spots, and other mild to moderate defects on factory paint.

Len
10-21-2011, 07:48 AM
Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Cutting Discs - this system was designed primarily for light to moderate defect removal.

The market sector aimed at is the detailing shops specializing in volume-based paint rejuvenation. Meguiar’s DA Microfiber Cutting Discs are made for maximum efficiency. Their engineered foam interface offers controlled conformability. As you move the polisher over the paint, the microfibers adapt to the curves and contours of the paint, distributing the abrasives evenly for efficient cutting.

This system is designed for a dual action polisher; for the removal of wet sanding scratches, this system will work to remove swirls, many scratches, acid rain spots, and other mild to moderate defects on factory paint.

I've tried many Meguiars products and never found one that worked as well as more "professional" items available on the market. Most of what I've used has been their liquids but I'll give this a try and let you know how it compares to 3M, Norton, Mirka and other products available at most body shop suppliers. Funny that this should come up today, I was just in Advanced Auto looking at all the Mequirars products and wondering if they had improved any in the last couple of years. Do you know a part number to this item?

dlmrun2002
12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I've used Mequiars 105 compound with average results. I have had very good luck with there polymer waxes. #7,8,20 and tech 2.0 all work well.
dlm ny country