PDA

View Full Version : Detailing question for Robert

tbm3fan
08-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Doesn't have to do with paint but with vinyl roofs. I would imagine since you detail a whole car what would you use on a vinyl roof to protect it and to give it some shine or depth to it? There are tons of stuff out there but I'd rather hear it from someone I'd trust when it came to the facts.

When you finish with Pebble Beach, of course...

Henry
08-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Doesn't have to do with paint but with vinyl roofs. I would imagine since you detail a whole car what would you use on a vinyl roof to protect it and to give it some shine or depth to it? There are tons of stuff out there but I'd rather hear it from someone I'd trust when it came to the facts.

When you finish with Pebble Beach, of course...

Imagine the responsibility of touching some of the finest cars on earth? Scares the hell out of me.

I'm sure Robert will get back to us after PB. I've learned so many 'tricks' from him on cleaning, protecting along with ways to do it from him. He sure is a master. Henry

Robert
08-16-2011, 12:29 AM
when it comes to vinyl treatments there are a few that work. Hi-Lustre makes ultra gloss. It's shiny, and after I put it on, I let it dwell for awhile then wipe till the surface is dry, long lasting. Then, there's 303 Aerospace protectant, it's less shiny and used the same way. Neither will turn white.

This is one of the few areas where I'm not dogmatic, since the process is so easy and people have been at it a long time most things will work at least marginally well so it's pretty hard to pick something that's seriously bad.

tbm3fan
08-20-2011, 12:43 AM
Thank you for the insight. At my last Cougar show I got a bunch of small bottles of the 303 Aerospace stuff as door and raffle prizes over and over again. My lucky day...:)