PDA

View Full Version : Mothers compound...

TheCoatingStore.com

Dan C
06-17-2011, 02:15 AM
anybody using it,seems to do a nice job and is friendly to your wallet compared to 3m perfect it compound,tell me your thoughts on this!

Dan:privateeye:

Len
06-17-2011, 05:52 PM
anybody using it,seems to do a nice job and is friendly to your wallet compared to 3m perfect it compound,tell me your thoughts on this!

Dan:privateeye:

I haven't used that particular product but I can tall you that most consumer oriented products of this type that are sold at retail stores are more into the "wow factor" by filling imperfections so you can't see them and not removing them. If it worked well you would see it used in professional shops.

Robert
06-19-2011, 09:06 AM
called "Billet" it comes in a glass jar and is around $16 bucks for just a little, but it's one of the metal polishes I keep on hand. I don't know of a one kind does all when it comes to metal. It seems the alloys vary too much for one polish to accommodate all of them.

As far as compounds and waxes, I use others.

Robert

Henry
06-20-2011, 10:20 AM
called "Billet" it comes in a glass jar and is around $16 bucks for just a little, but it's one of the metal polishes I keep on hand. I don't know of a one kind does all when it comes to metal. It seems the alloys vary too much for one polish to accommodate all of them.

As far as compounds and waxes, I use others.

Robert

To all actually, need some help with a new stainless steel kitchen sink.
Installed this sink about 3 weeks ago and after cleaning and cleaning it still releases black film on a cloth or paper towell.
Am about to break out my 3" polisher and some Sure Finish. Not sure if this is a coating or what. Thanks. Henry

style
06-21-2011, 07:28 AM
To all actually, need some help with a new stainless steel kitchen sink.
Installed this sink about 3 weeks ago and after cleaning and cleaning it still releases black film on a cloth or paper towell.
Am about to break out my 3" polisher and some Sure Finish. Not sure if this is a coating or what. Thanks. Henry

lol,pics!!
and i thought i was the only one sinking on here,my kitchen sink keeps shocking me:[ appliance guy says disposal may have a bad ground:gloomy: