PDA

View Full Version : matte black spot repair

TheCoatingStore.com

scooter_trasher
11-01-2010, 08:24 AM
I have a small spot (sag) to repair on single stage Matte (Hot Rod) Black single stage urethane, tech sheet says do not polish, must the whole panel be repainted, can I color sand?
SEM HOT ROD BLACK
thanks

Len
11-01-2010, 08:40 AM
I have a small spot (sag) to repair on single stage Matte (Hot Rod) Black single stage urethane, tech sheet says do not polish, must the whole panel be repainted, can I color sand?
SEM HOT ROD BLACK
thanks

When painting semi-gloss or flat colors (or clear) you can't do any correction after the paint application. Once it's sprayed you're done, no sanding or polishing. Panel paint it and even then you risk not matching the gloss (or lack of it) properly.

scooter_trasher
11-01-2010, 10:30 AM
When painting semi-gloss or flat colors (or clear) you can't do any correction after the paint application. Once it's sprayed you're done, no sanding or polishing. Panel paint it and even then you risk not matching the gloss (or lack of it) properly.

Thanks Len, sounds like a real nightmare, or revenue creating blessing, witch ever way you look at it, someone could have to have there whole car repainted over a bug hit. glad my sag is where it won't show, thought about blasting a test spot with pumice, to hide 2500 scratches without creating a shine.
scooter