PDA

View Full Version : New Sure Finish

TheCoatingStore.com

dwaynecooper
08-31-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm at the bottom of my old bottle of Sure Finish which is probably 6 years old at this point so I ordered a new bottle and it showed up today. I'm surprised to see that its a different color -- the old polish was blue/green ish and the new polish is white. Not only that, it seems a lot thinner. I guess the formula must have changed. Is it ok to mix the two in my pads? I'm using black and orange pads and they're pretty well seasoned with the old polish -- is that going to present any problem?

Thanks,

Dwayne

LS6
09-01-2010, 02:53 AM
I'm at the bottom of my old bottle of Sure Finish which is probably 6 years old at this point so I ordered a new bottle and it showed up today. I'm surprised to see that its a different color -- the old polish was blue/green ish and the new polish is white. Not only that, it seems a lot thinner. I guess the formula must have changed. Is it ok to mix the two in my pads? I'm using black and orange pads and they're pretty well seasoned with the old polish -- is that going to present any problem?

Thanks,

Dwayne

Dwayne,
The older formula was called True - Finish and was green as you noted. The newer formulation is white and is called Sure - Finish. I like the newer version ( Sure - Finish ) better and find it to be a tiny bit more aggressive than the older version. They are both very mild, very good polishes. Why not just clean the old dried up polish out of your foam pads? Just soak the pad in warm water, mix a little detergent into the pad and massage the detergent throughout, until it's clean. Rinse the detergent out and squeeze dry the pad with paper towels. Finally, allow the pad to dry flat on a rag or more paper towels.
LS6

dwaynecooper
09-01-2010, 02:46 PM
I was going to try and squeeze the last few drops out of the old bottle and transition to the new polish whenever I ran out (mid panel maybe?) But your idea makes more sense -- fewer variables. Thanks!

Dennis N. Schmidt
09-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Absolutely, spin them off and go. In fact this works super with Sure-Finish as the slight, almost inperceptable dampness remaining in the pads improves the performance of the Sure-Finish. Sort of like spritzing the pad with water but in this case even better since the moisture is already worked into the pad. Spin drying is the only way to go.