PDA

View Full Version : Fixing Soft Film issues

VKara101
05-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Hi,
I am a kind of a newbie when it comes to spraying, i have recently made my first attempt in spraying a custom job, on which i used the HOK UFC-35 Clear as a flow coat, problem i have is that the coat is not totally hardened, it is not sticky or tacky, but impressions can be left if i thumb press it. I mixed and sprayed everything as stated, and cannot figure out what went wrong. :(

I have wet sanded the coat and noticed that after 1hour or so the clear shined over as if it had just been sprayed :confused: . Has anyone had any similar issues with regards to hardening of coats? does anyone have any solutions to the problem? i'd be grateful for any input.

Thanks

Len
05-15-2006, 06:48 AM
When you "flow coated" did you spray over a previously applied clear? If so was it the same clear product that you flow coated?

VKara101
05-15-2006, 05:22 PM
i flow coated 2 layers of UFC-35 mixed 2-1-1 UFC-35, RU310 reducer, KU-100 catalyst (tech manual states both KU-100 & KU-150 for flow coating). The coat was applied on HOK UC-35 clear, all coats before the flow coat were fine and fully cured.

Len
05-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I've only used HOK a couple times and I've never flow coated it but I'd say that if the chemicals were mixed properly then you may have had some bad hardener. Maybe someone with more experience with HOK can shed more light on this problem.