PDA

View Full Version : Great Lockout Tool

TheCoatingStore.com

Len
05-06-2006, 08:48 AM
A couple years ago I had a car in the shop (Mercedes) and had locked the key in the car. The owner was on vacation so we had no access to the spare key. A friend of mine told me about this Steck tool so I thought I'd give it a try. It took me longer to get the new tool out of the box than it took to get in to the car. I've used this tool several times since and I'll bet it hasn't taken me more than two minutes to get into any car so far.

Simple to use, just insert the little black pillow behind the window frame and pump it up until is opens a space big enough to insert the wand then stick it in and pull up the lock. It's easy even on the most difficult cars that we've tried it on.

http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/tnstk32955.jpg (http://autobodystore.net/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=STK32955&Category_Code=5BSH)

operdot
05-11-2006, 05:27 PM
It wont work on any of my cars, I have a mazda 929 and the door lock doesnt open from the pull of a handle, i also have a taurus sho and i took out the feature that opens the lock automatically. Yes thats a great tool to have but it def wont work on all cars. Also its waaay overpriced.

SamG
05-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Actually operdot, I disagree. I've had the tool for a couple years now too and have used it many times. Used it on a plain jane corolla a few days ago. Reached right in, flipped the lock button, and was in a just a few seconds. The lady I was unlocking the car for was still on her way to the other side of the car to watch what i was doing.

As far as overpriced...It's not far from what you would pay a locksmith to make a call...once.

Mines paid for itself dozens of times.

SamG

Len
05-11-2006, 11:57 PM
It wont work on any of my cars, I have a mazda 929 and the door lock doesnt open from the pull of a handle, i also have a taurus sho and i took out the feature that opens the lock automatically. Yes thats a great tool to have but it def wont work on all cars. Also its waaay overpriced.

I'll bet I've used this tool on a dozen different cars and I've used it on my wife's Mazda Millinnia three times. I haven't taken more than two minutes to get into ANY car so far. I can open the Mazda by lifting the lever in less than a minute. Overpriced? The extra key for the Mazda costs $35... now that's overpriced. I'd buy another one of these tools the day I lost this one, so it's not overpriced in my house.

Ron H
05-12-2006, 05:49 PM
We use the same tool here at the dealership. Like Len said, I don't think it has ever taken more than a couple minutes to open one up. Ron

wolfsautobody
05-13-2006, 05:20 AM
I must say that when this tool first came out a few years ago, I didn't want to replace the slim jim. I am a full time police officer and I have unlocked over 100 vehicles in the last 4-5 years with this tool and in works great. The only vehicle I have had real problems with is the 1999 style Ford F150's. The doors are so tight on these trucks that it takes some time to work the bag in the door jambs. But one way to help is by pouring a little bit of water and it helps slide in a little easier. And even then it is difficult to open the jamb enough to get in. There are times when I have used 2 bags on tight doors to open enough to get the rod in. When time is a factor and you have infants in the vehicle you can't put a price on this tool!!!

Ben